Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Dumping babies like rags


Dear God!

That is my painful exclamation when I see things like this!

It has happened time and time again that I begin to imagine if people who do it are humans with feelings.

The abandoned new born

Last week, a beautiful baby was discovered stone dead in a canal in Lagos. I mistakenly stumbled on the story and to tell you the truth, I haven’t been able to delete the image from my head.


Somehow, I mulled over it and just after I prayed for the soul of the child and tried to clear my head of the image, another pops up.

Another baby was found dead. This time, a new born baby.

Many people out there stay awake every night praying for God to bless them with their own child. These couples panic when the month ends hoping and praying the woman will not buy sanitary towels because conception didn’t take place. When they aren’t lucky, they sigh and weep deep down in their hearts and wait again for the coming month. 
This baby could have brought laughter into a very sad home


Yet, some people have the heart to throw away babies like they are trash.

What is the world turning to?

No comments: