Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Kidnapped Edo Chief Press Secretary freed


Mr Kelly Odaro, who was reportedly kidnapped on Saturday, has regained his freedom after three days.

Narrating his ordeal, Odaro, who is the Chief Press Secretary to Edo Deputy Governor, Pius Odubu, told journalists on Tuesday in Benin that his abductors were familiar with his day-to-day movement.

He said his abductors blind-folded him throughout his stay with them, making it impossible for him to recognise them.

``They were very nice to me, they brought different kinds of food to me while I was there, but I did not eat any of the food.

``I only regretted not eating enough of the Indomine, I ate at the Government Press Centre prior to my abduction,’’ he said.



He said he could not see their faces, but only heard their voices when they dropped him off to find his way home.

``I heard them discussing the N5,000 note the CBN is planning to introduce, and the huge amount to be used for the printing.’’

He however said that while he was there, he prayed fervently against the media reporting his abduction, adding that his ``friends who read the stories online called his wife’’.

“It was a harrowing experience, but they always apologise to me, saying that the poor economy in the country led them to kidnapping.

"I have gone there and I have returned. Glory be to God.’’ 

Source: News Wire

No comments: